HVE PTA is currently accepting nominations for the positions of PTA Vice President and PTA Secretary to fill vacancies for the unexpired term ending on June 30th, 2019. The Board of Directors will elect the officers during a special called board meeting on December 20, 2018 at 5:00pm.
If you are interested and/or wish to nominate another PTA member, please contact Jason Jones, PTA Nomination Committee Chair, and Millicent Rogers, PTA President, at email@example.com.
General Duties of Officers
1. Vice President. The vice president(s) shall perform duties requested by the president and the board of directors. In the event of a vacancy in the office of president, the vice president, or the vice presidents acting together if there is more than one, shall assume the duties of the president until a new president is elected pursuant to Section 6.4 of these bylaws.
2. Secretary. The secretary shall record the minutes of all meetings of the general membership and the board of directors and shall perform such other delegated duties as may be assigned by the board of directors, and shall maintain a file of important documents related to that local PTA, including but not limited to:
a. articles of incorporation of this local PTA
b. the current uniform local bylaws approved by NCPTA and adopted by this local PTA
c. the current standing rules of this local PTA, if standing rules have been adopted by the board
d. minutes of past meetings of the general membership and board of directors
e. a copy of the official membership roster provided for in Section 5.3 of these bylaws
f. a current roster of board members; g. a current roster of all committee members and chairs
h. legal documents, including but not limited to insurance policies and contracts
i. current and past tax returns
j. current and past audit reports
The Hope Valley Elementary PTA strives to build a strong school community, provides a resource for our families, and promotes activities that enhance the joy and well-being of students and staff. If you have any questions, concerns or feedback, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
In order to volunteer at DPS Schools, all volunteers must first complete an application and undergo a brief background check. You can complete all of this online by registering with DPS using the link below. Please note that volunteer approvals are valid for two years. VolunteerRegistration
Your 2018 -2019 PTA Executive Board
- Millicent Rogers, President
- [Vacant] Vice President
- Billy McFall, Treasurer
- [Vacant], Secretary
- Roxann Dixon, At Large Member
- Kristen Tate, Pricipal
- John Davis, Teacher
- Sheila Arias Advocacy Committee Chair
- Jason Jones Nominating Committee Chair
- Sally Soliman Audit Committee Chair
- Sarah Anderson Communication Committee Chair
The PTA is in need of Spanish and Arabic translators. If you can help out, please contact us at email@example.com.